As most of you know I was named after my great grandmother, Lucile. Today, March 22nd, would have been her birthday. She would have loved me more than I could even imagine. Mommy loved her alot too. Everyone really misses her. Mommy says she was wonderful. The thing mommy loved the most about her was her love for the Lord. She had some really hard times in her life, but she never let them take her eyes off Jesus. Mommy doesn't remember a time that mawmaw wasn't praising the Lord for being so good to her. Because of her and what she passed down through my mawmaw and mommy, I'll grow up knowing what Jesus did for me and how important that is. This being Easter weekend makes this extra special. Daddy read to us last night how Jesus was hung on a cross and died so that we can live. Mommy says Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. I don't understand all of that yet but one day I will. If my great grandma was here now I would say thank you for loving me and our God. That is the greatest gift anyone could ever give me. I'll leave you with an Easter verse. Luke 24:5b-6a says "Why do you seek the living One among the dead? He is not here, but He has risen." Happy Resurrection Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment