...let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

Friday, December 16, 2011

A New Journey Begins

Since 2003, I've awaited this time in our lives.  I knew it would one day arrive and it's finally here.  In March of 2003 the Lord burdened my heart to adopt.  Yes, it's taken Gary almost 9 years to have the same burden.  But that's o.k., God's blessed us with two amazing little girls to share this time with.

Today we received the call that we had been approved for adoption through Lifeline Christian Services.  We feel called to adopt from Haiti.  It's a long process (2-3years) but God continues to reveal to us that this is exactly where our son is (or maybe even sons.)  And just a side note; one of the requirements to adopt from Haiti is that one parent must be at least 35 years old.  Gary will turn 35 in February and I will turn 35 in March.  So we will both be 35 before our homestudy is completed.  This is probably why God waited until now to call Gary to adopt.  It's amazing when you wonder "why?" for so long and then the answer becomes clear.

I'm continually humbled that God has chosen us to walk this road with Him.  Our lives will be forever changed and we pray that we will forever change our son's life and the lives of those around us.  We've been "called to love" and that's what we intend to do.

I hope you will join our journey and celebrate what God is doing.    Below I've put a link to a prayercast about Haiti. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXFplXdtoac

For HIS glory,
Amanda

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So excited that you guys have officially started the process!!! What a life changing journey it will be!! I can't wait to follow and cheer you on!! Somehow I followed your blog two times and cannot get one off...so sorry!! Love the blog...Jennifer