14 years ago today God blessed my life with a husband; a best friend to walk this earthly journey with. I can't thank God enough for the gift He gave me in Gary. He continually pours God's love on me and shows me daily what God's provision, grace, and mercy looks like.
Our marriage, of course, has seen it's share of ups and downs, joys and heartaches. We've walked through valleys and stood on mountain tops. We've grieved over losses and rejoiced over gains. We've said good-bye to dreams and walked by faith through doors that God opened. For 14 years we've loved each other even when we didn't "like" each other that much. We've stood side by side and hand in hand on the foundation of Jesus Christ. Without Him our marriage would be nothing. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
May our marriage be all that God created it to be - a picture of Christ and His bride. Forgive us where we've failed You, Father, and guide us as we journey on.
Our favorite wedding day verses:
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 - Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: if one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three stands is not quickly broken.
Ruth 1:16 - ...Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.
I love you Gary Everett Knotts and I'm honored to be your bride. Thank you for loving me and caring for me like you do.
No comments:
Post a Comment