...let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Happy, Happy 2nd Birthday My Sons!!!

     2 years ago today God changed my world with the birth of our sons.  However, at the time I wasn't even aware of it.  I was sitting at home complaining about how our home study taking 6 weeks longer than it should have to complete.  I specifically remember Gary saying to me one day - "stop worrying about this, our babies may not even be born yet."  I wish I would have written that date down, because He was right.  The Lord delayed our home study for the birth of our babies.  (This is why we are called to trust and lean not on our own understanding.) 

     That day, 2 years ago, I wasn't there to hear their first cries, count their fingers and toes, kiss their sweet cheeks, or welcome them to our world.  And today, this broken momma, is still not there with gifts and cake in hand, singing, and celebrating with them.  But I am praising the Lord today that I now have heard their sweet voices, played little piggies with their toes, held their hands, kissed their precious cheeks and soon, friends, very soon we will welcome them to our family and be blessed with their presence daily.  Oh how my heart leaps for joy.  I CANNOT WAIT!!!

     I may not be with them in person today but I am there in spirit.  God has shown me one place where our family is always together - near His alter.  Psalm 84:3 - says even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young - a place near Your alter, Lord Almighty, my King, and my God.  Thank you Lord that I can nest, with my entire family, near your alter even when oceans separate us.

Happy, Happy 2nd Birthday to my sweet baby boys.


 

No comments: