...let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

Saturday, July 18, 2015

When Abundant Loss Meets Abundant Life.

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.  Ephesians 3:20-21.
 
That day at her kitchen table 8 years ago, we came across "our word" in those verses - "abundant."  Since that day I've never read this word without thinking of my sweet Suzi.  This week as I've pondered memories; ABUNDANT has become the best word to describe my precious friend.

 
She loved with abundant love.  She gave in abundance.  She showed abundant kindness.  Her smile and joy were abundantly contagious.  Her "spunkiness" was abundant.  Her friendship was abundant.  Her faith was abundant.  She lived BIG, in spite of every battle she was called to face!  She lived ABUNDANTLY!!!
 
Saturday I met abundant loss but Suzi met abundant life; the abundant life that we've spoken of so very often, the abundant life that she lived ABUNDANTLY for here on earth.  JESUS was Suzi's abundance.
 
To think of that moment at 12:05pm when her faith became sight, brings me much pain yet abundant comfort.  She excitedly dreamed of the day she would wrap her arms around Jesus.  I'm so proud of her and happy that her dream is now a reality.  Sickness no longer envelopes her.  I've never met a woman so ABUNDANTLY brave.  She faced many hardships yet never, NEVER made complaint.  Oh the joy that fills my heart because today she has exceeding abundance!!!  God's amazing grace has made it possible. What a Savior!!!
 
God continues to remind me of "abundant."  On Sunday we visited Suzi's husband and daughter.  Sophie began admiring Suzi's growing Willowtree collection.  Amy, Suzi's daughter, told her to pick one our for herself. Sophie made her choice and brought it to me.  As I turned it over to read the inscription on the bottom, God reminded me that He sees and He cares for our broken hearts ABUNDANTLY.
 

 
ONLY GOD, OUR LOVING, PRECIOUS GOD!!!  TO HIM BE ABUNDANT GLORY.


No comments: